Friday, November 26, 2010

The Kitten called Compassion



One day this week, I was walking to school when I noticed a kitten crying. I felt really sorry for it, because I had recently watched a kitten die (from a roof, where I couldn't help it). So when I stopped to watch it, I noticed a man was kicking it. I was of course, indignant at the injustice of it. I got to school and told the guard. He wasn't happy but he wasn't going to do anything about it. So I went back over to the man. I figured it would mean me taking the cat home. When I picked it up, the man motioned for me to take it away. He was obviously sick of its crying.
So I took it home and nursed it. The kids at school loved it! I only kept it for 3 days, but I grew really attached to it. I was feeding it from a bottle and it was so cute. Eventually it went to live with a family that had more time for it. But I'm just glad it lived, cause there were moments when it was touch-and-go. It was so cute. And now I miss it so much. Even if it peed on me twice.

No comments: