Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm ENGAGED!




Mark and I are getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!
How we got engaged

I had picked out the ring, so I knew it was coming sooner or later. Mark really wanted to surprise me though. So he decided to take me on an amazing date Saturday night, and then propose on Sunday: A sort of fake out.

So Saturday we went to an amazing restaurant. And then had dessert on a rooftop lounge overlooking the river. It was so perfect. And I was so disappointed when he dropped me off at home without a ring.

Then Sunday night he had my friend Becky take me out to dinner, so that I would be unsuspecting. And while I was gone he filled my apartment with rose petals and candles.

When I walked in my immediate reaction was "what are you doing?" Even though I had been expecting this for months. He said, "Can you come over here! I have a question." So I walked over and knelt down in front of him. He told me how much he loved me, and asked me to marry him. However, he was shaking so much that he could open the ring box; so I (probably inappropriately) joked, "you've got to show me the ring first!" Then he took it out and could figure out which finger to put it on. I helped him place it on, and said, "yes! of course."

No comments: